Studying abroad


If you are a registered student at the University of Zurich and already receive a cantonal grant or financial aid through our office, you can continue receiving these funds during a stay abroad. However, our office does not provide financial aid specifically for studying abroad.


Swiss-European Mobility Programme (SEMP) students (former Erasmus) can find information at the university's student mobility office (in German.) International Relations Office of the University of Zurich.

If you have organized your studies abroad yourself and remain registered at the University of Zurich during your stay abroad, you can send us a request to have your University of Zurich tuition fee reimbursed.

You can find more information on financing self-organized studies abroad at the financial aid office of swissuniversities Swissuniversities.